When it comes to preparing for vacation, packing can be a daunting task and it’s easy to forget important items. Luckily, Chloraseptic’s® Associate Clinical Professor at St. John’s University College of Pharmacy and Health Services, Dr. Maria Mantione, knows how colds can quickly develop especially when traveling and on-the-go in vacation mode.
Check out Maria’s list of her top 5 essential items that you’ll need to prevent getting sick while traveling.
1. Bring Backup – Sickness has a funny way of creeping up at the most inopportune moments and put a damper your vacation. So be sure to pack the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for sore throat and mouth pain, Chloraseptic®. Their throat spray and lozenges can help fight off sickness whether you prefer a quick spritz or a long-lasting lozenge with a soothing liquid center.
2. Stay Super Healthy with Super Foods – Eating and drinking high vitamin/super food and beverages is a great addition to boosting one’s immune system. Apples, bananas, coconut water and trail mix are a just a few examples of foods that will have you feeling your best while traveling.
3. Portable Hand Sanitizer – Germs are everywhere but you can stop them in their tracks by washing your hands and sanitizing. With hand sanitizer, you’ll feel a lot better about the coughing and sneezing passengers on the plane.
4. Eliminate the Clothing Conflict– Weather can unpredictable. With the temperatures on the plane, at the hotel and outdoors, you may be confused with what to wear. Bring clothes that you can layer in case of extreme temperatures.
5. Build Your Own First Aid Kit – Be prepared with travel or smaller sized products in your luggage. This can really get you out of some nasty situations and save you from some inconvenient side trips to a doctor.
When it comes to traveling, what kind of sickness prevention items do you like to pack? Do you take along your own mini medicine cabinet and first-aid kit should you or a member of your family comes down sick? Got any tips to share with us? Leave your comments below!