I love this time of the year when all of the strawberries are in-season here in the north east part of the country. There is nothing like growing them yourself or purchasing them freshly picked from the local farmer’s market. Trust me, fresh is a whole lot better than what you find in your local grocery store!
Last week I got busy and whipped up a batch of homemade strawberry popsicles for my family to enjoy. To make them, you will need to purchase some popsicle molds which can be found at many discount department stores across the nation. Personally, I like the 6-cavity plastic molds but you can use whatever you can find.
- 1 cup freshly sliced strawberries
- 1 small box of strawberry flavored gelatin
- 3 cups of hot water
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream, softened
- Use a food processor or blender to chop up the fresh strawberries into very small pieces. Boil 3 cups of hot water and stir in a small box of strawberry flavored gelatin until dissolved. Then stir in the finely blended up fresh strawberries until well combined. Finally, stir in the pint of vanilla ice cream until all ingredients are well combined together. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may or may not receive a small commission which helps to support this site. Thank you!