We pay a lot of money to keep our hair looking and feeling awesome. Coloring and highlighting your hair can really add up so extending the life of your color is important. Here are some tips to help you extend the color so you can go longer between your appointments.
1) Do not wash your hair every day – We are conditioned to wash our hair every day it seems, but unless you have very oily hair, washing it every other day or every third day will help extend that color.
2) Use a Dry shampoo if necessary – Touching up your bangs with a dry shampoo instead of washing your whole head will help with that color life.
3) Use the proper shampoo for color treated hair – Be careful of your shampoo. Shampoo that is too harsh will strip color. Use one that is made with nutrients that will extend your color. Sulfate Free shampoos are best for color treated hair.
4) Look for specialty shampoos that enhance highlights – Cut down the time between highlights by using a shampoo that will blend in greys and enhance your current highlights.
5) Watch the use of dryers and irons – Give your hair a break and reduce the amount of time you use high heat tools. These can dry out your hair and cause your color to dull over time.
Treat your hair right and extend the life of your hair by using these 5 tips. You may be able to save a bit of money by stretching the time between appointments too!