Homemade Broccoli Casserole Recipe

broccoli

broccoli

Broccoli is one of those healthy vegetables that we certainly don’t eat enough of here in our household. With that said, I have been trying to incorporate broccoli into our diets several times a week.

Last week I made this recipe that my sister gave to me and it was really easy to prepare…tasted fabulous once it was done.

Homemade Broccoli Casserole Recipe

3 pkgs. broccoli
1 can cheddar cheese soup
16 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. onion soup mix
Ritz cracker crumbs

Thaw broccoli and cook according to package directions; drain away water. In a large mixing bowl combine together the broccoli with the cheddar cheese soup, sour cream and onion soup mix until well combined. Pour mixture into a casserole baking dish. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs on top.

Bake the casserole in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Sarah Beeson says:

This reminds me a lot of the broccoli cheese casserole my mom makes us for the holidays! YUM! :)

2. This sounds yummy, I’d like to try it. I once had a broccoli casserole that this reminds me of it, but it had chunks of chicken in it. Yum both with or without anything else – I love broccoli!

3. Courtney Lloyd says:

Sounds so good!

4. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

Onion soup mix is one of my favorites to add to casseroles, but with the cheddar soup mix I’d worry about it being too salty. I think I’d add onions and low sodium cheese instead.

5. md kennedy says:

I love this idea for a recipe, particularly with the soup mix. My step-daughter “lives” with soup mix as seasoning for so many things – makes her busy life so much easier.

6. Sherry Compton says:

Sounds warm, filling and actually good. :)
    My daughter is always trying to get my husband and I to eat more veggies, broccoli especially. She loves it. The only way I want it is covered in cheese. The cheese soup and onion mix sound like a great combination of flavors to really “disguise” the broccoli. Thanks. Hope your family continues to enjoy it.

7. Healthy Gifts in a Basket says:

Broccoli with cheese is great but I can see how adding sour cream and onion soup would kick it up a notch. Thanks

8. This looks delicious! Love broccoli!

9. Julie Wood says:

I have not made this casserole in years. I need to make it again. This is a lot easier recipe than the one I have. This is great to make since it is getting colder!

10. friederike graedener says:

I willdefinately have to try this. Might have to add meat or noone but me will be willing to give this a try. Thank you for sharing

11. Eileen Richter says:

Oh my…thought this was gonna be my long lost broccoli,cheese, rice dish recipe…but this is even better! Cracker Crumbs would really add to it as a flavorful topping. Goes to bookmark for recipe for fall/winter! thank you!

12. YVONNE WOODSTOCK says:

I love the taste of every one of those ingredients so I imagine even more so all together. Sounds so delicious, unfortunately I really HAVE to eat low carb or the price I pay if I don’t ever is just too high, oh well, sighhh.

13. I love broccoli and this is a really different recipe – will have to try it. Also, I LOVE sour cream.

14. This looks so easy to make and something that I can actually handle and it sounds so yummy. I know that broccoli is so good for you and I love it so I am going to try this one thanks for posting and have a great day.

15. hmmm that sounds tasty. I am going to have to try that!